The 2018-19 school year is upon us and with it a brand new athletics season. Last year Centennial had their best ever finish in a GADA Directors’ Cup as well as two team region champions, three team State Semi-Finalists, and two individual AAAAAA State Champions. The Knights also sent a school record 24 student-athletes to study and compete at the collegiate level.
This year the Knights strive for continued improvement. While each team will have their own athletic and academic goals, the department has one: Be Humble Be Hungry
This comes from John Gordon’s book, You Win in the Locker Room First and perfectly captures the attitude and growth of Centennial Athletics
- Don’t think you know it all. See yourself as a life-long learner who is always seeking ways to learn, grow and improve.
- See everyone as a teacher and learn from everyone you meet.
- Be open to new ideas and strategies to take your life, school and work to the next level.
- When people tell you that you are great don’t let it go to your head. And when they tell you that you stink, don’t let it go to your head.
- Be kind to everyone and let people know that they matter.
- Live with humility because the minute you think you have arrived at the door of greatness it will get shut in your face.
- Humility doesn’t mean you think less of yourself. It just means you think of yourself less.
- Follow your passion, continuously improve, and continue to dream.
- Seek out new ideas, new strategies and new ways to push yourself out of your comfort zone.
- Invest the time, energy, sweat and dedication to be your best and let God do the rest.
- Be willing to pay the price that greatness requires. Don’t be average. Strive to be great.
- Become the hardest worker you know.
- Love the process and you’ll love what the process produces.
- Decide to leave a legacy. Even at a young age it’s important to think about what legacy you want to leave because knowing how you want to be remembered helps you decide how to live today.
- Don’t focus on where you’ve been. Focus on where you are and where you are going.
- Make your life and work a quest for excellence. Every day ask how I can be better today than I was yesterday?
- Make your next work your best work.
To support your Knights, pick up a Season Ticket pass through Go Fan. We will see you at The Fortress and in the Round Table (and anywhere the Knights are competing) for a great 2018-19 campaign!