Friday night the Centennial Women’s Swim & Dive team bested Dunwoody High School 156-155 in a nail-biter that came down to the very last event of the night. The Men’s put up a gallant effort resulting in season-best times for many swimmers, and state-qualifying times. On Saturday night the tables were turned as the CHS Men’s team overtook Cambridge High School for a 132-129 win; again, it came down to the last event. The Women’s showed up in a tremendous way, nearly closing the points gap. Again, solid swims from each team resulted in season-best times and lots of state-qualifying.
Also on Saturday, the divers competed at the Early Bird Dive Meet. Diver Camden Bowers qualified for the GHSA State Diving Meet, while Allee Howard finished a mere 3 points away.
A special shoutout to Rhese Goodsite and Ethan Ramaglia, two seasonal swimmers who stepped up to swim the 500 Free at both meets. Dual meets require great effort and flexibility from the whole roster. The Knight point totals are result of a great effort and sportsmanship by all our Knight swimmers. Great job, Knights!
We had several relays and individuals qualify for the state meet in February. Here is a list of our qualifiers. Congratulations to all our State Qualifiers!
Qualifiers from the Dunwoody meet
- Men’s 200 Medley Relay (Austin Yearout, Noland Deas, Joe Peak, Bryan Teffeteller)
- Women’s 200 Medley Relay (Brianna Bender, Katharine Ward, Elly Deas, Tessa Sergile)
- Men’s 200 Free (Noland Deas)
- Women’s 200 Free (Maddie Singletary)
- Men’s 200 IM (Joe Peak)
- Women’s 200 IM (Brianna Bender, Katharine Ward, Tessa Sergile)
- Men’s 100 Fly (Joe Peak)
- Women’s 100 Fly (Elly Deas, Brianna Bender, Tessa Sergile)
- Men’s 500 Free (Noland Deas)
- Women’s 500 Free (Maddie Singletary)
- Women’s 100 Back (Elly Deas)
- Women’s 100 Breast (Katharine Ward)
- Men’s 100 Free (Joe Peak)
- Men’s 400 Relay (Joe Peak, Bryan Teffeteller, Derek Rehberger, Noland Deas)
- Women’s 400 Relay (Brianna Bender, Elly Deas, Tessa Sergile, Maddie Singletary)
Additional (New) Qualifiers from the Cambridge Meet
- Women’s 200 Medley Relay (Elly Deas, Katharine Ward, Brianna Bender, Maddie Singletary)
- Men’s 100 Free (Noland Deas)
- Women’s 500 Free (Brianna Bender)
- Men’s 200 Free Relay (Noland Deas, Bryan Teffeteller, Trevor Dios, Joe Peak)
- Women’s 200 Free Relay (Tessa Sergile, Brianna Bender, Venla Harkonen, Elly Deas)
Early Bird Dive Meet
- Men’s’s Dive (Camden Bowers, 11 dive)